Bowmill Engineering and Bowmill Metal Treatments are privately owned businesses operating predominantly in the global aerospace sector and employing 150 staff at facilities occupying more than 72,000 sq.ft. in Poole, Dorset and in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. Now operating 3 factories in Poole, a treatments facility and in 2016 a new facility in Tewkesbury. The company relates its success in terms of quality, reliability and subsequent growth to its policy of only employing skilled self-motivated personnel.
Bowmill has a fantastic flexi-time scheme and provide a generous holiday entitlement with 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays, with this increasing with length of service. Bowmill are an evolving company that offers support to all employees and training and education to develop professionally and personally.
Bowmill Poole is currently seeking a Trainee Mechanical Inspector. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be supporting the Mechanical Inspector to conduct inspection of operations within the KANBAN manufacturing facility, identifying non-conforming product and ensuring product non conformity is managed. Also support all corrective actions & quality reviews to ensure preventative action is effective and ensuring the KANBAN delivery schedule is supported.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- conduct inspection operations within the KANBAN manufacturing facility
- ensure the KANBAN process flow is un-interrupted and required delivery schedule [per specified dates/day] is supported.
- record & report all internal & supplier defects (within the detailed time constraint)
- ensure products & final release documentation are supplied to customers defect free. ensure where unavoidable errors occur, they are detected as early as possible during the manufacturing process and not at the pre-treatment or final inspection stage.
Duties more specific to this role:
- Conduct good in inspection
- Booking in sub contract parts
- Pre Process Inspections
- Identify and report non confirming products and arrange rework where required
- Final inspection all Kanban kit deliveries prior to dispatch
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com