Bowmill Engineering are currently looking for two new apprentices at the Poole Branch for CNC Machinists.
The positions of a CNC apprentice grinder and machinist will give you the diversity to learn both roles with a look to dedicate more to the specific area of a grinder or machinist. This position will differ as we aim to show the successful candidate the main areas of the business to gain a better unique understanding of the engineering sector. The role includes programming the CNC machine tool with data from technical drawings and using software packages, working out the most efficient order to carry out machining tasks and designing work and choosing the right tools for each stage and operating the machine.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Day-to-day tasks as a CNC machinist, could look like:
- Programming the CNC machine tool with data from technical drawings and using software packages
- Working out the most efficient order to carry out machining tasks and designing work
- Choosing the right tools for each stage and operating the machine
- Working out cutting speeds/feeds and tolerance levels
- Completing written check sheets, following procedures so that work meets the quality and technical standards
- Maintaining equipment
- Following 5’S
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Prospect of progression to a higher-level qualification. Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.